Sign in to follow this  
[TdS] ZoMBiEMaN001

DAYZ SERVERS

Due to lack of interest and player base we will be shutting down our arm2 1.0.5 PVP and 1.0.6 PVP servers , thanks for all that played on it and tried to get going .

We will be keeping the PVE arma 2 1.0.5 server going indefinitely so please if you like a good challenge without the PVP then i suggest you go have a go as i think its a lot of fun WITHOUT THE BS .

I would like to thank Jimmy for all his hard work and long hours in running the server , he has done a great job .

PS - there are alot of roaming ai on the PVE server and the ai are set to the hardest they can be , so be warned before you go play as these settings will not be changed

Untitled_1.png

Wow really............why u guys quitting with the new server when u haven't got it up and running to the best of its abilty. All the cob boys are just waiting for this to happen and will be back playing on your server most nights again. Is there anything that we can do to change this. Or is it to late 

Pretty much tox..... could of put up a post or something saying we going to do this if numbers don't pick up etc. not just end it without warning :(. The new server wasn't even updated to what it should of been and they just quit on it. 

I think just removing the roaming ai mod would've been the quick fix it needed, although i enjoyed that aspect, it could be added back later to spice things up once the spawn issue was fixed.

Im assuming that the time and volunteer effort needed to reconfigure the server to keep the existing settings but remove the bugs would've been the sticking point.

Is there anyway this decision could be reviewed zombie, I enjoyed playing on this server, and it would be sad to see it finish up?

• Upvote 1

The server is still up so they havent lost it yet. if its about money etc i will fund the server to keep it running under the tds name.but i would like other people admining it and i got a guy that can come in and bring out the best of the 1.06 patch with all missions spawning good loot.money back to coins not gold etc.and everything working good.No point throwing in the towel yet on a server that never really got off the ground due to bugs etc.Im sure when everything is sorted out people will come back.

have a think about it and let us know 

• Upvote 2

Well why dont you and that guy start your own server??? Then you can be the owner admin and decide what you think your players want. Why would you want to keep it under tds name that makes no sense.

The decision has been made the servers have been cancelled the 1.0.6 will run to January 8 then be offline. It's really unfortunate that the servers have low pop but it is what it is.

Ive spoken to zombie about this over the last few weeks and nothing is going to change his mind.

i wanted to keep it under the TDS name to keep the brand out there.I could start my own server yes that wouldnt be hard at all.But u got a brand here  and with some hard work i feel that we can get people back playing on tds servers again.Well all we can do is try to change his mind before the 8th of Jan we got atleast 10 guys that want to make this tds server good again. Why didnt anything get said before it came to closing it down people where posting bugs etc to be fixed and seems like the whole time it was already set in stone that it would be shut down.When i got on tds i heard that zombie would never get rid of the server till the day arma2 died and i liked hearing that from alot of members.No matter the numbers he would still keep it up and running.I see that you are keeping the PVE server but thats just not the same fighting AI without worrying about a player killing u is not for everybody i guess.

if i can get 20 people to say they would play on the new 1.06 server would it be kept

Edited by [COB]Jason

My team is still waiting to play on a stable coin based 1.0.6, there's at least me navy snake and regan always eagerly waiting, we've been loyal to the servers and would love to be able to play again on a server that competes against the other ones.

It is the xmas period too so our player base is off home or busy with some irl stuff. If we have (and I really hate saying this) how MGG has it atm with our own little adjustments, come Jan-Feb, it'll get pumping again.

I'll honestly pitch in some $$ if we get it.

• Upvote 1

jason you can't even pay for a ts channel and now you wont to pay for a server you make me laugh and why would we give control to players that are not TdS members and the next question is some where are these 10 players you being talking about the the last couple of months

Edited by [TdS] Skippy

NEWEST-BF3.png

12 hours ago, [COB]Jason said:

The server is still up so they havent lost it yet. if its about money etc i will fund the server to keep it running under the tds name.but i would like other people admining it and i got a guy that can come in and bring out the best of the 1.06 patch with all missions spawning good loot.money back to coins not gold etc.and everything working good.No point throwing in the towel yet on a server that never really got off the ground due to bugs etc.Im sure when everything is sorted out people will come back.

have a think about it and let us know 

You get a 1.0.6 server going with all the bells and whistles , let myself and jim look at it , then we can talk .I will give you till the 2nd Jan to show us something .

And just for the record i think it is very disrespectful to even suggest that  "you would like other people admining it " , i decide who is admin and who isn't , money with never buy anyone's way into an admin position with TdS while im running the show , so please dont ever disrespect the admin of TdS again as by doing so you disrespect me and i will not tolerate that kind of rubbish talk .Myself and Jimmy have been up till 6 in the morning at times testing shit out on the server and he has busted his ass making our servers great , but no one plays on it , so get me a server that runs all the 1.0.5 on the 1.0.6 patch and then we can talk , until then the server will be shut down on 9th Jan 2017 with much regret

• Upvote 2

Untitled_1.png

Lol I make u laugh :). Most of the people left due to non active admins and bases being wiped over time with bugs in the system. I stopped paying for a channel due to the fact I have my own teamspeak and the way certain things are run on the server I don't see eye to eye with. Did you read what I said? I didn't say anything about a non tds member being a admin did i !!! U could even give MOD status to katzbii etc. u need active admins that are on when players are on. To run fun events and help out with players that are playing on the server. The fact that u shutting down the server due to lack of players is pretty bs. The server is not running 100% at all. U got katzbii crew. My guys. Tox and a few others that would love to come back and play. But we all waiting for the same thing. If u don't know how to make the changes etc just say so. Don't leave everyone in the dark saying it's going to happen but nothing comes of it. Jan 21 everyone will be forced to be on the 1.06 patch. It will be very silly for tds not to have a pvp server running on that new updated patch that everyone has been waiting for so long to play. The guys that play on tds are down to earth and we enjoy killing eachother. Cough cough navy and katzbii haha. We just asking for a upto date 1.06 server that has everything running on it. U do that u will see the numbers coming back in. It's not just me posting on this others are saying that they want it also. 

I know jim and yourself have done a lot of work towards the server and it wouldn't be anywhere near what it is now without u guys. But he is on the coding side of things. Not in game playing with everyone admin. ok then 2nd of Jan I'll see what I can do.  

Thank for listening 

• Upvote 1

Zombie, Jim and Skippy,

I've enjoyed playing on the tds server over the last couple of years on and off, and over the last year exclusivley as there were mostly mature players, good mission setup, and the prefab bases provided a good goal to work toward by grinding for money, which in turn promoted loyalty to the server.

Over the last few months I have become busy running my own company, which has limited the amount of time I have been playing recently, but the core group that always seem to be on (reagan, navy, katzbii, jason, clontarf, bigdog, etc) and the chance to get my prefab base back up is the reason I keep coming back when i can.

Over the last few months I have just got my bank balance back up to 6.5 mil (on 2 seperate occasions) and the server was wiped before i could get a build request in. This has been a dissapointment each time (as im not able to be on all the time to generate the money, this literaly takes me weeks atm), but I thought i'd wait until the 1.0.6 server started before trying again.

For me, as the decision seems to have been under discussion before the new update went live, has provided the most disappontment. As had I known I wouldn't have spent the time over the last month playing for no goals, and the last couple of days identifying bugs on your behalf.

Sometimes it's hard to see issues from the inside, but from my outsiders perspective with a long playing history on the server, it seems that the admins don't enjoy playing arma2 epoch like they used to anymore, and that as i lurk on the forums, I have noticed that any critisim is met with a veiled hostility from a couple of your admins.

This hostility (or lack of the prior friendly service as there used to be), the lack of admins present on the server playing like they used to (creating and promoting events - like reagan, navy, katzbii and jason have been doing over the last while), and the recent run of server wipes, seem to be the reason that the old players are not returning to the server and new players not sticking around.

Also on a side note, the reason I found the server in the first place a couple of years ago was due to karlus bojangles videos, which I think may have been underestimated in promotional terms of how many players that brought to the server (I remember there being high numbers in the evenings and weekends while he was promoting the server).

I hope this message is taken in the spirit intended, as I believe was the intention of Jason's offer of help also (as one of constructive criticism, and a genuine effort to help you rethink your decision) as ive really enjoyed most aspects of the way tds is run (as you would notice from my clan recruitment application a few weeks agao) and would like to stick around and get to know everyone better!

Kind Regards and Merry Xmas

Peter (Tox)

• Upvote 3

Thanks tox for your comments , we all have to work and cant play all the time (admins to ) , we have tried events , got tds warzones which i was very excited about when jim found it , when we did a few events and activated warzones no one wanted to go or do them as they didn't want to die . The problem is player want everything within a week or so -high loot , building supplies ,1million guns spawning in the barracks . If players knew how much effort and time we put into getting the server going with good scripts and normally retard free , not one person would have the balls to complain which as you could imagine pisses us off . Hope you do stick around as you seem like a good bloke .

Happy to talk in ts regarding anything you want mate , for now will leave this topic alone

Thanks

• Upvote 2

Untitled_1.png

Just wanted to say it sucks the servers are offline but I completely understand why. From a player's point of view you move where your mates are playing, and if they (or you) choose another server, or start playing a different game, that's the way the cookies crumble. The TdS admin crew have always been professional and it's definitely not their fault that the player population has fallen off. Plus the time of the year, end of year exams for the kiddies, adults going on holiday, or like me, just so so flat out with work we don't get time to play as much.

From a server admin point of view (my own as someone who ran DayZ/ARMA 2 Wasteland servers of all flavours for many years), it just doesn't make sense to continue paying for a server if only 3 people use it. I am sure the TdS admin crew definitely appreciated us hardcore fans playing and providing feedback, but the reality is servers cost money. There is a point where it's just not viable to keep paying a company to run an idle server. My thanks to the TdS admins for being awesome and keeping a server running for us for so long and being the professionals you are.

I'll still be on the forums, and if a TdS 1.0.6 OverPoch server pops back up with single currency and all that other good stuff, I'll definitely be back. Many good memories playing on TdS OverPoch servers :) So many base assaults, sieges, stary shenanigans, friendly banter with the asians.

• Upvote 4

Love u clony , when the banking and other stuff is ready we will look at 1.0.6 again , dont be a stranger mate pop in for a catch when u can , thanks for all your support and help over the last few months , u a good bloke mate talk soon 

• Upvote 1

Untitled_1.png