Sign in to follow this  
Mentalfreakk

Battlefield 4 – Dragon Valley 2015 Remake vs. Original Battlefield 2 Graphics Comparison

Just now, [TdS] philf2469 said:

despite what everyone seems to believe graphics don't make the game

It's because this map is sentimental to you. But not everyone played this map and a lot of people started from BF3.

15 hours ago, [TdS] philf2469 said:

it wasn't really the map as such more the game .many ppl would agree that bf2 set the standard for these games & was a great game

I enjoyed bf4 somewhat (probably would have enjoyed it more if I bought it when it was newer and the community hadn't progressed so much) but the whole thing kind of feels like a drug trip. You're constantly getting positive feedback for doing relatively little and you almost wouldn't notice you got a double-headshot if it didn't come up on screen telling you as much. When I play it I kind of feel like the purpose of the game is just to make sentences pop up on my screen telling me I'm doing good things while a modern day war movie takes place around me haha.

I won't deny that I'm sentimental about a lot of older titles I grew up on but there's also been a definite trend to a more add/adhd style of gaming because it's like sugar especially to millennials. So many good games were watered down with instant gratification that ultimately makes them favour relentlessly spammy, hyper-aggressive plays as standard tactics rather than a gameplay choice.

eg. in bf2 there were real consequences to holding certain positions on the map whether because they're a chokepoint, a key flag with assets or maybe just a staging flag that would threaten an important position. Squad composition, player gameplay choices and especially decisions made by an SL with risk vs squad-support were huge - that was a meta in itself - and as much as these things are still somewhat present in bf4 they're usually watered down by the lack of consequence.

• Upvote 3

AKA battery