Which arma 3 map should be get  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Please choice

• Tanoa
    • Chernarus Summer

I think using a map that's made by Bohemia and is newer and more exciting would be the smarter option - it will attract more played purely because its the new fandangle map :P  Im pretty excited to sink my teeth into exile :) 

Interesting to see how this vote goes, I didn't start making a Tanoa server because it is a DLC map, and limits players to those who have paid for the DLC..

While I agree, it would be good to get into a new map, it's a DLC item that hasn't even been released yet.

No one really knows how servers and people's computers are going to Handel running the content, nothing against the map I think it looks amazing, but I think it's too soon to try and run a server on it  

3758482351.png

bitcoin.png - 1FwDGeBvi5gxx1NuFyMDC69EZSSyLrTSdD

ether.png - 0x5012C012466bD1B7d07936E4429b8434bEB75400

litecoin.png - LfUxrFmJD2m6oqmUS8jkuD5nqTRPoCDZzZ

TUu6%2Flsb9n6dtucuou7csleTKDs%3D.png

It was opened to people who pre ordered the DLC as a preview. It's not due for release for another few days to my understanding.

Even tho, in saying that are we going to force players to buy the DLC to be able to play our server? 

What happens if the map is to much for there computer, they just spent $35 on DLC for a map they can't play...

Just my personal opinion, if the vote goes that way, so be it. But I think it limits our player base to people willing to spend the money and take the risk of it being playable for them.  

3758482351.png

Id be just happy to have our own Arma 3 server back up and running. I know myself and a few others have purchased apex so we are ready to go with whatever happens. 

• Upvote 2

TdS clan logo.png

36 minutes ago, [TdS] Marshy said:

It was opened to people who pre ordered the DLC as a preview. It's not due for release for another few days to my understanding.

Even tho, in saying that are we going to force players to buy the DLC to be able to play our server? 

What happens if the map is to much for there computer, they just spent $35 on DLC for a map they can't play...

Just my personal opinion, if the vote goes that way, so be it. But I think it limits our player base to people willing to spend the money and take the risk of it being playable for them.  

There are quite a few forum topics talking about Tanoa and people being concerned about the vegetation, apparently it should run better then cherno because Buildings and land cause more lag etc then the jungle terrain and water. 

As for buying the expansion - Arma 3 you can sell building kits and spawn kits correct? if so, maybe we could look at a way to purchasing expansions for TdS members from that... (after covering all server/ts/forums costs.

As it is a good idea, its possable we can, but if caught we run the risk of losing the server as it is against BIs rules on selling ingame perks for real money :( 

3758482351.png

It would never be enough to cover more then $35 a member for the DLC let alone pay for the server. Discussion regarding this will be continued in the server admin section.

I'm happy what every way it goes, but the second that DLC is released the amount of servers running that map will triple, only increasing our competition. I have voiced my opinion and concerns, and like I said, I'm sweet what ever way it goes. I don't even have the DLC myself to be honest.

If it goes to Tonoa, just means I'll need to restart with custom map edits and traders and such. 

3758482351.png

Will i think going to a new map is a great idea for the clan to jump into,so  your worried about it because it a dlc will so was bf4 and players still brought all maps so i can't see way it a problem bring it on i say

Edited by [TdS] Skippy

NEWEST-BF3.png

Sorry to sound like a naysayer but we have had 2 arma3 servers that ended up not being viable due to low numbers and not enough donations to keep it going. How is this going to be different? as for map the new map would be best.

PUBG.thumb.jpg.f92378ed97809f76e44ba2198f48f122.jpg