KBS

An idea for the Cherno PvE server

Just floating an idea to trick it up a little, but harking back to the days when i owned and ran my own PvE server.

What i used to do was hold weekend events from mid evening Friday to mid evening Sunday. I would advertise it in server messages for the week prior and I would save a snapshot of the database and have a weekend of PvP or change the map and have a battle royale. I would cancel restarts, reduce spawn rates. 

OP the roaming and mission AI, reduce the mission spawns, basically set it up to be a hardcore weekend and try to reduce the server load to enable it to handle a 24/36/48 hr period.

Admins were on hand during the entire weekend to handle any mission/spawn issues. Any player issues were on a "tough luck/get over it" basis. We had a few regulars who didn't like it and simply stayed off the server until the event was over.

But we found it to be an awesome release every now and then and a bit of good fun for both players and Admin. At the end of the weekend, I would simply re-install the map and database and everything would be back to normal.

Just floating the idea to see what people think and if we should put it to Jim to see what he thinks and if its possible to do it.

Cheers,

KBS

Hey KBS & welcome to our forums,

We take all feedback on-board and will discuss your idea with the leaders, members and players to see if its something we would like to give a go.

Personally, I do not play the game, but am sure we will get some more discussion happening about this.

Cheers

neg

• Like 2

custombanner-5724.png

Just throwing my 2¢ in on this one. Although a good idea, we didn't see a lot of users on a steady basis on the PVP servers which led to their eventual and understandable closing. 

If we were to implement this, would we not isolate those weekend gamers who want to play PVE only and are only available on weekends and they will end up not to not wanting to play the server at all or less then they do/can already? I've been playing on the PVE server for a while now and mainly play on weekends as my work carries into the night most weekdays. The PVE element is what I enjoy playing, taking that away for the bulk of the time I have free would limit how often I log in to the server, I'm sure they may be some others with me on this one. 

What would be cool is to have a separate area for PVP only. Anything lost in there is fair game, if you want to roam the specified area (a walled off city perhaps) then it shouldn't matter what gear you loose or vics taken because its your choice to enter the area. Also remove the humanity minus effect if possible...anyone who PVPs outside this zone can be banned anyway. 

I'm all for a monthly event or something similar but every weekend may do more damage then good to the existing players.

Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Apologies, thought I'd already replied to this but it seems I never submitted it.  Old Age

On the face of it KBS sounds great however I'm not sure it would work with our current player group.  Most players tend to be online at weekends with an hour here and an hour there during the week.  If we spend all weekend with PvP then effectively we would become a PvP server. We have a high turn over of players currently which isn't helping either, in short its too easy to come on, get set up with a base and decent vehicles, play for a day or so, get bored and then never come back.   There are anywhere from 30-50 bases on the server at any given time and at most a dozen regulars who's gaming time varies and rarely on together.

Due to the current setup, i.e. 10 mill on start-up and the low trader prices for high end mil vehicles and equipment I believe we've effectively created a PvP environment on a PVE server and we need to change that.  Jim has mail from myself about certain changes I'd like but its finding the time to implement them as he's very busy in the RW at the moment.  I do like the PVP area idea from Loki.  I've always like the Skalisty Super base Script which spawns a large mission every server restart on the Island, it encourages players to work together but it could be easily turned into a PVP environment either permanently or for an event and because its on the Island its easy to police from an Admin point of view.

We are a very popular PvE server and I believe one of the best scripted but we can always improve, lets keep this thread going with more input for ideas.

Pony

• Upvote 2

Yup, I totally understand what everybody is saying. And I would never want anybody to leave because of it. And I would also never want it to become a PvP server, the main reason I'm here is because I detest 24/7 PvP servers.

I however, wasn't suggesting an every weekend event. We used to do it 3 maybe 4 times a year. It was well promoted prior to the date and everybody enjoyed it. The idea of the Skalisty super base is appealing, and changing it to a PvP event a few times a year as well, but I think modifications to reduce the server load would be required for smooth gameplay. And also, we all have lives outside of DayZ, this I fully understand. The scripts would take me months to work through and test, and its not a little job.

It was just an idea for everybody to perhaps blow off a little steam every now and then.

KBS

• Upvote 1