Sign in to follow this  
[TdS] philf2469

pc build

Hay all. I'm starting to build a new pc.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K
    CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming Motherboard
    Graphics: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 Strix Aura 8GB
    Memory: Team T-Force Dark 3000MHz 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Grey Black
    Solid State Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM006
    Case: Thermaltake ATX Versa N25 Case Black USB 3.0 with 600W PSU
   Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

How do these specs sound ?I priced the bits on ebay for about $2100 .It's been a few years since I've built a pc so I prob will need some advice (such as ssd & hdd).

Can I buy a Windows 10 copy on ebay from the US ?

Any comments will be appreciated . Thanks

• Like 1

Untitled-5_1.png

Yep I bought a windows 10 Pro 64-bit copy for 3 euros, and it works fine. Also with your PSU, try to get one that will supply double the wattage you require, most PSU's are most efficient at 50% load (I'm not sure how much your build will require). What efficiency certification level is it? I'd recommend 80+ Gold at the least. Also seeing as you've got RGB's on your GPU and Mobo, the G.Skill Trident Z RGB series has some pretty awesome lighting if you're into that, and since both your Mobo and GPU use ASUS Aura technology that RAM will be able to sync up with the rest of your parts. Is your SDD M.2 or just SATA? If its SATA I'd recommend switching to M.2, its more pricey but a hell of a lot faster (540 MB/s read, 520 MB/s write). I don't know much about liquid coolers.

• Upvote 1

What could go wrong?

Hi  Rinsible , the ssd was sata 3 ,so I'll look into the M.2 . As for the"efficiency certification" I have no idea what that even is !!!!!! lol . Your talking to a perennial noob here , although I've built quite a few pc's over the years , it's been probably 5 years since I last tried . Thanks for the input 

Untitled-5_1.png

No worries mate :) the efficiency certification is measured in terms of grades, there's 80+:Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium and it tells you how power efficient the PSU is. A good PSU has an 80+ Gold or higher certification. This is a good read http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/understanding-the-80-plus-certification/ although this doesn't include an explanation on platinum or titanium.

• Like 1

What could go wrong?

Basically the same pc i just got mate , but the ssd m2 is what u should get , i turn my monitor on and pc is ready before it comes up , also pc restarts and ready to go in 7 seconds , would be quicker if i didn't have password

Untitled_1.png

6 minutes ago, [TdS] negative_energy said:

You want to use the SSD for operating system, and games/software you want to install, and use the HDD for your data.

At 500GB it seems a small drive to fit windows & games onto & when you say "data" are you referring to stuff like pics & movies etc ?

Untitled-5_1.png

500 is plenty for games and windows mate , all i have is windows and 2 games and i still have 395 gig left , the key is only put the games that need good graphics on it and put the rest on the normal hd + all your pictures and general stuff that down need to be run quick , i only use my new pc for games thats it , my old one is for everything else

• Thanks 1

Untitled_1.png

41 minutes ago, [TdS] philf2469 said:

yeah rinse Ive got pubg but cant play it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be more surprised if you could actually download it  ....

And even then, you're going to have trouble keeping up with the updates ... by the time you've updated, it will be time to update again

custombanner-5724.png

1 hour ago, [TdS] negative_energy said:

I'd be more surprised if you could actually download it  ....

And even then, you're going to have trouble keeping up with the updates ... by the time you've updated, it will be time to update again

It did take a few days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Untitled-5_1.png

i would go with the 8700k if u have not got the cpu and mother board yet its a I7 6 core 12 thred and what i have seen 

can be over clocked to 5 ghz easy as 

banner dayz.png