Blyth

Server Suggestions

Hi Guys,

The server seems to be growing with the server capacity of 16 slots being reached over the last couple of days during peak hours.

I thought of a couple of small ways to improve the server's already good playability.

1) The new 4 hour restarts are fantastic. But it would be great to change the in-game time after restarts. Rather than 12PM? to 4PM, which can get a little dark nearer to restart times. Is it possible to have the server to start the play time with 10AM to 2PM?

2) The ammo clips are quite expensive from both traders and hero traders at 8K per clip. 4K is more reasonable. The M107 clips from hero traders make the weapons unuseable at 50K per clip. I would suggest 7K per clip?

50K per M107 clip makes sense on a PVP server, the AS50 and the M107 are overpowered vs another player. On a PVE server, AI do need a large round to the head or in their bot arse.

• The AS50 (and M107?) weapon itself probably needs a price drop from 1 Mil coin to around 200K coin. 1M seems like a PVP restriction.

3) The UH60M that spawns with missions has lost its TOW/Lift ability from the previous server. A small issue, I know, but quite frustrating after dieing many times with the hope using it to do everything other choppers can do. More frustrating if it is your only chopper in the virtual stable and you need to lift a ural after clearing a mission.

4) Some of the smaller missions, the red hash circles appear to only spawn Epoch weapons rather than Overpoch weapons.

Awesome server guys, it's setup with the mods make it lots of fun to play. Please don't mistake the above suggestions as not being really grateful to play on the server.

Edited by Blyth
  • Like 1

hey blyth,

As per your post i have modified the server to incorporate your suggestions, anything else you and the guys want just hit me up.

Will be good to go after 12 midnight restart 

• Like 1

Hi Jim,

Thank you again for your time and speed in adding in the suggestions.

I am quite mindful that you provide the suggested improvements to the server in your free time.

As an admin to my own Epoch server about a year ago the demands on time are not lost on me.

I have been thinking about ways to improve the PVE user experiences of the server.

Seems to me that Epoch and some mods are set-up with PVP in mind. Which somewhat leaves the PVE players to adapt around the well-designed mods.

Thinking about the spawn mod which equips the player with an appropriate aligned gear with their humanity level there may be an opportunity here to expand on this mod for Hero PVE?

From personal experience, it is completely feasible for players on the server to exceed well beyond 60K humanity, yet the mod offers Bandit spawn categories.

1) Can these bandit categories be changed to Hero and offer spawn progressively improved loot at say 80K, 100K, 120K, 140K and 160K?

2) There are two hero vendors which can aid is the feeling of progression and increase the fun options. One vendor can be accessed at 5K and the other at 30K. As a player’s humanity progresses so does their access to increasingly better armoured and equipped vehicles or aimed firepower.  Doing do will ideally introduce some new vehicles where pricing will be restrictive, but not preventing replacement due to AI carrying (and willing to use) RPG and Javlin’s. That alone is a nice PVE learning curve. A heavily armoured vehicle doesn’t always win against AI. (Ask Sadaris)

·        The anti-cheat upside is that knuckle heads who dupe won’t be able to get weapons platforms or OP arms without long term engagement and being found out.

·        The tiering will encourage fellow players engagement with missions.

I have a lot of time on my hands over the couple of weeks, I am quite happy to create the needed work in all the tiers for spawning and for the hero vendors.

These are some raw ideas...

Edited by Blyth

Blyth,

unfortunately I'm really busy with work until the weekend so offline until then but would love to chat. Some great ideas around the server and hopefully Jim can sort it out. See you in game when work allows

Fantastic guys!

Pony, all cool. I'm flat out till Sunday marking University exams before the deadline. So I'm limited myself to later evenings online.

Thinking about this a little more. We could actually change one of the two boat sellers on the coast and maybe one of the two wholesalers to add more tiered Hero Vendors.

So:

Hero Vendor 5K+

Hero Vendor 30K+

Hero Vendor 60K+

Hero Vendor 100K+

Add one more vendor inside an AI infested Island for a Hero Vendor 300K + = Some very cheap special weapons and weapon platforms like a fixed 50cal for their base or the Gauss Rifle (in one of Frankies Object ALL Dayz videos.) http://www.dayzdb.com/database/er7-rfw 

Each will offer various weapons of increasing armor value while restricting fire power as there needs to be a challenge and danger of not completing the mission regardless of the arsenal of heavy weapons.

Edited by Blyth
Readability

Hi guys,

A lot of what Blyth has said would be a great idea for the server. I also had an Epoch server years ago, actually before Epoch came out. It changed the game a lot, but now so much more can be done to keep it alive and interesting. I did change the hero traders on my sever via player input. Normal hero trader would have the original gear with all DZE vehicles and such. Then changed the bandit trader to (Super hero trader) that needed 30,000 humanity, this would have the top snipers, tanks, helli's and such. Then added another trader (Luxury Hero trader), humanity had to be 60,000 and the luxury part was that the vehicles were the original DZ vehicles that we had at the start of Epoch. This made the players feel like they were a part of something special if they reached this level. As we know Epoch only came up with the DZE version because of pvp and the amount of players camping other players bases. So ammo was the change they thought would fix the problem. It didn't! But for PVE it worked out well as a reward for the hours spent on a server. To log in on restart knowing you have a helli or vehicle that had ammo and was ready to go right away use to make the long term players very happy.

Also Scalisky  Island makes for a great Ai stronghold, we had it set so it spawned with server restart and would have Ai M2 gunners on buildings, at least 3 vehicles driving around and a heap of formation troops over the island. Have 3 loot crates in different areas, one with weapons, another with ammo and another with building materials and some brief cases. Mission could only be done once per restart as it was set to not respawn, only for server restart. Reason for this type of setup was so players would have to work together to clear it. It was usually clearable  in about 2 hours and then time to collect rewards and chill a bit after, maybe talk about you close calls with team mates, then it would near be restart time. 

Anyway, just wanted to throw some ideas in here as well. love the server and the people who play here are mostly nice, friendly and easy going. Exceptions for those random pvpers that like to try and ruin our fun. Peace :)

Edited by CrazyNed

Hi Guys,

Rather than make a new thread.

I purchased an attack Helio yesterday (Nice to see the lower PVE friendly prices =). The Hydra missiles are causing an illegal creation error resulting in BattleEYE booting the player. 

Hi Jim,

Tested my Mi-24P and found all to be safely working with one exception.

The FAB 250 Bombs are still drawing the attention of BattleEYE resulting in an expensive boot.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

(Just a quick note, I didn't include some platforms the trader offers as their price is apt or the item isn't of any real use and/or didn't need a price change)

I assembled a list of suggested PVE pricing on prices from the Hero dealers on Heli's and Mech Armor.

The prices take into account the armor value and for some platforms the power of the equipped weapons.

The weakness in any armoured chopper or mech platform versus AI is the platforms armour value. Fixed or mobile 50 cal break down armour quickly thus lower armoured helis or mech suffer. More so weaponized mech as they also face the risk of AI willing to deploy anti-armour rockets.

The barrier to buy is the 5K humanity, so it will prevent PVP idiots, but also somewhat reward time spent on the server.

Armed Helicoptors

Name

Class

Armor

Weapons

Current Buy Price

Current Resale Price

Suggested

Buy Price

Suggested Sell Price

AH6J_DZE

AH6J_EP1_DZE

M134

2 Mil

AH6J

AH6J_EP1

Hydra, M134

1 Mil

Mi24D

Mi24P

Mi24V

Mi24_D

Mi24_P

Mi24_V

33 ea

Mixed across variants

2.5 Mil

1.25Mil

1.75 Mil

1 Mil

Wildcat AH11

AW159_Lynx_BAF

CRV7 Missiles

3.5Mill

1.25Mil

1.25 Mill

Ka60 (M32)

Ka60_GL-PMC

S-5 M32

1.3 Mil

NoChange

NoChange

Merlin HC3

BAF_Merlin_HC3_D (same as Air Trader)

Flares

1.0 Mil

MH-60S AL

MH-60S_DZE

2xM240

1.0 Mill

Mi-8MTV-3

Mi17_rockets_RU

S5,Flares,PKTx2,PKT

2.5Mil

1.25 Mil

Mi171Sh

Mi171Sh_rockets_CZ_EP1

S5,Flares,PKTx2

2.5 Mil

1.25Mil

UH-13B

Pook_H13_transport_INS

Smokes, Grenade x2,M60

AH13H

Pook_13_gunship

Grenade, M60

Mechanised Armour

Mechanised Armor.

The same largely applies. Armor verses AI is countered by the AI shoulder RPG18 and M136, the Javelin is the real danger on missions. AI are slow but deliberate with mech armour counter measures.

Name

Class

Armor

Weapons

Current Buy Price

Current Resale Price

Suggested

Buy Price

Suggested Sell Price

HMMWV SOV AL

HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1_DZE

Mk19 Gren Launcher, M240

Humvee M2

HMMWV_M2_DZ

M2

Military Offroad Special AL

LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1_DZE

AGS-30, PKT

Military Offroad (M2) AL

LandRover_MG_TK_EP1_DZE

M2 Machinegun

BTR-90

BTR-90

2A42,PKT,9M113,AGs17

6Mil

3Mil

2.5Mil

1.75Mil

BTR-90 (HQ)

BTR-90_HQ

Smokes, PKT

3Mil

1.5M

1Mil

Vodnik (2xPK) AL

GAZ_Vodnik_DZE

PKTx2

LAV25 (HQ)

LAV25_HQ

Smokes, M240

3Mil

1.5M

1.75Mil

1.5Mil

LAV25

LAV25

M242, M240

6Mil

3Mill

2 Mil

1.75Mil

BMP2

BMP2_CDF

2A42,PKT,9M113

12Mil

6Mill

2.8Mil

2Mil

BMP3

BMP3

2A72, 2A70, PKT, 9M117

15 Mil

7.5Mil

3.5Mil

2.25Mil

Name

Class

Armor

Weapons

Current Buy Price

Current Resale Price

Suggested

Buy Price

Suggested Sell Price

T-90

T90

2A46M Canon, 9M119M Rocket, PKT

25Mil

10Mil

7.5 Mil

6 Mill

T-72

T72_CDF

D-81, PKT

20Mil

9Mil

6Mil

4.5Mil

T-34

T34_TK_GUE_EP1

ZiS-S-53, DS

15Mil

7.5Mil

3.5Mil

2.25Mil

M2A2 Bradley IFV

M2A2_EP1

M242, M240, M220 Tow

18Mil

7Mil

3.5Mil

2.25Mil

M2A3 ERA Bradley IFV

M2A3_EP1

M242, M240, M220 Tow

21Mil

8Mil

3.8Mil

2.75Mil

M6 Linebacker

M6_EP1

M242, M240, FIM-92F Stinger

18Mil

7Mil

3.5Mil

2.75Mil

FV510 Warrior 2

BAF_FV510_W

CTWS, L94A1 Chain

18Mil

7Mil

7.5Mil

6Mil

M1A1

M1A1_US_DES_EP1

M256, M240

22.5 Mil

10Mil

7.5Mil

6Mil

M1A2 Tusk

M1A2_US_TUSK_MG_EP1

M256, M240

25 Mil

12Mil

7.75Mil

6Mil

HMMWV Avenger

HMMWV_Avenger_DES_EP1

FIM92 Stinger, M3P

2Mil

1Mil

AAVP7A1

AAV

Mk19, M2, Smoke

18Mil

9Mil

Jackal 2 MWMIK (GMG)

BAF_Jackal2_GMG_W

Machine Gun? Not listed – Very low armour

1Mil

Jackal 2 MWMIK (HMG)

BAF_Jackal2_L2A1_W

Grenade?? Not listed – Very low armour

1Mil

Stryker MGS

M1128_MGS_EP1

M68, M2, Smokes

15 Mil

5Mil

1.25Mil

Stryker MC

M1129_MC_EP1

M120 – Mortar.

15 Mil

5Mil

1.00MIl

BRDM-2

BRDM2_CDF + BRDM2_GUE + BRDM2_INS

KPVT, PKT

4 Mil

2Mil

SUV Armored

ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZE

M134 Chain Gun

1 Mill

Edited by Blyth
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks good to me Blyth, nice work.

personally would like to see the western Hero be a 10K trader and sell only the better weapons/vehicles, keeping the weaker vehicles for the NE Hero.

The trader thing makes no sense for a pve server thats a pvp thing. 

Why would you limit new players to one trader thats a bit unfair in my eyes but please i would like to here your thoughts.

Hi jim,

For me its about setting targets and keeping people interested.  For some that's building the biggest base, for others collecting the most coin, Tana went through stages of just wanting to be number one on the server list so he spent weeks killing zombies and surviving old school style to get his score up.  For others though its a humanity thing and thats why I like the different levels of load out and I think different level of traders would help that.  5k these days isn't the far away target it once was for the majority of players.

The only other thing I thought about was Server Vehicle levels.  Doesn't seem to take many to stop or reduce fresh vehicle spawns, I know that it doesn't help server loading but maybe increase the amounts.

Pony

• Upvote 1

Hi Jim,

Thank you!

I logged on this morning and noticed that the Northern traders prices had changed which is fantastic. It will make the server so much more playable beyond base building. Exploring

The other hero trader, which used to be the old bandit trader still has the old prices applied.

Thanks again, I'm keen to get into the server after work and play with some of the new hardware.

Cheers,

Blyth