dose anyone think i need to upgrade anything i have been thinking about it for a while now is it wort me 

getting a intel 7700k for eg or should i just keep the 3770k that i have got ?

banner dayz.png

Hey ubie your ram is set wrong, its set to default by what i see. You have to see what is the max you can set it too for the ram and motherboard then adjust it in the bios that should speed up your system 

If you also wanted to upgrade to that cpu you would have to change your motherboard and if your going to do that you would be better upgrading your ram to DDR4 too

2 hours ago, [TdS] Jim said:

Hey ubie your ram is set wrong, its set to default by what i see. You have to see what is the max you can set it too for the ram and motherboard then adjust it in the bios that should speed up your system 

It's not set wrong you need to double that figure.

DDR (Double Data Rate) RAM is designed to transfer data twice per clock cycle. 

It's not how you usually see it but it is correct.

My memory runs at 2400mhz 

speccy.jpg.ccd2a0e903125b65829d2314dbe620c3.jpg

Edited by [TdS] Sip_Fo

The first computer I have built myself from scratch...Amd Fx 6350 6 core CPU on a msi 970 gaming motherboard, xfx 7770 graphics card, 16gb ram, coolermaster hyper 212 turbo cooling, 2x 1T hdd and 240g ssd. With 2x 27" monitors, cougar mouse and Keyboard. 

17796691_1280931915335963_2115019975648693512_n.jpg

xena banner.jpg

Funnily enough I didn't build this one myself. The first time I haven't done so since my 386 days.  Built dozens over the years for myself and others but now I'm living in Cairns it makes it difficult to obtain decent parts without mail ordering everything.  I managed to get an amazing deal on the main box from my local Harvey Norman.  Its an MSI system with a i7 6700k processor 16gb ram, GTX1060 Graphics with a SSD and HDD.  My last PC was a couple of generations behind so with the deal I got I couldn't have bought the parts and put it together myself any cheaper.  Already had the widescreen monitor and Mrs bought me the two smaller screens for Christmas.

I have been working away a lot this year up until the last few weeks so haven't really had chance to test the overclocking but its a proper MSI gaming m/b and Ram so should go well.

I have however built with watercooling before and it's fairly straight forward with premade up radiators and blocks.  Just make sure your case can take the radiator and away you go.  Attaching the block to the CPU is no more difficult than attaching a decent size 3rd party air cooler. If you have the case and judging by the photos you have, I say go for it.

Sounds like we have similar experience, although I haven't been into it so much for the last 5-10 years, hence no experience with water cooling.

I don't overclock my systems, and am only considering water cooling for cosmetic reasons, my current case in the pic is about to be boxed up and sent to Zombie for his new build, Ive got a Nzxt H440 (https://www.nzxt.com/products/h440-white you can see it on the left in the second pic) that I will be building the new system into, and from what Ive read it should be suitable if I decide to go that way ...

Might have a chat with you in TS sometime for some more advice ..

cheers

custombanner-5724.png

15 hours ago, [TdS] Sip_Fo said:

Wow Phil

What sort of creatures do you share that desk with with?

pig,goat,wombat,dog,kangaroo,wallaby,tawnyfrogmouth,fruitbat,bandicoot,snake,rainbow lorikeet ,cat,noisy minor.mouse & a rat.oh & skip !! your a funny man

• Upvote 2

Untitled-5_1.png