Sign in to follow this  
[TdS] philf2469

bf1 gaming rig

howdy 1 & all . just looking for some thoughts on what would be good for a bf1 box. i just got a quote for a box & it scared the hell out of me

$2760 for this

cossair obsidian 450d mid tower case

850 watt corsair hx-850 atx psu

asus z170 pro gaming mb -lga1151 ddr4 z170 chipset atx form factor

intel core i5 6600k cpu 3.5ghz 4 core skt-1151

cooler master hyper 212x tower cpu cooler

corsair vengeance ddr4 2400mhz 16gb(2 * 8 )

gigabyte nvidia gtx 980ti windforce 3 * 6gb vram

samsung 850 evo 500gb

asus dvd multi-combo

win 10 home 64 bit

Untitled-5_1.png

Looks good but may be a bit over the top, you could still get a decent machine and save about $500 on that price. 

Do you plan on overclocking your CPU? 

If your not overclocking that motherboard is a waste of money, and you could save 20 or 30 and buy the 6600 instead of the 6600k CPU. You could get away with a 650watt power supply and if your not overclocking you could get ram that runs at standard 2133mhz and save a few dollars.

You wouldn't need that cpu cooler either if you bought a 6600, you could just use the stock cooler

I would rather put that saved money into a second hdd for storage to save your media instead of putting on your SSD.

You could save a couple of hundred and buy a gtx 1070 instead of that 980ti, a 1070 will run any game fine. 

Edited by [TdS] Sip_Fo

A lot of those components are only worth the extra value if you overclock, but to the 95% of people who don't it's probably better to spend that money on extra drives or a better video card,

I sent you a message with a build that is near identical but without the excess. 

7 hours ago, [TdS] Sip_Fo said:

A lot of those components are only worth the extra value if you overclock, but to the 95% of people who don't it's probably better to spend that money on extra drives or a better video card,

I sent you a message with a build that is near identical but without the excess. 

thanks mate ,but it's still a lot to spend to play bf1.i have trouble justifying it to myself

Untitled-5_1.png

You could go even lower, you would only need to spend $1600-$2000

I'll make another build based on that price for you if you like.

1 hour ago, [TdS] Compot said:

Will Bf1 support DX12? If so I would go with GTX 1070 or 1060 or even 2 R480.

You're right about that, the 1070 would be better, they are about the same price anyway