Sign in to follow this  
Compot

Need some testing on my new website.

Hi there guys,

I just finished overhauling my website. It is now responsive and should look good on any screen, including tablets, smart-phones and on any retina displays.

If any of you have a minute, please have a look at it, click around and if you see any bugs or weird things, let me know. Will be glad to any suggestions.

Here is the address http://antonkrossphotography.com

Big thanks to Ritter for helping out with text.

Cheers and gimme your traffic. Show me the power of TdS.

Looks good, very clean and professional.

I did find a few typos

In pricing section. 

*For couples and Families we are olsa offering a 1/2 hour or 1 hour sessions starting at $350

Another in get in touch.

* but we are happy to travell

;)

Sip_Fo" post="33749" timestamp="1465051196"]

Looks good, very clean and professional.

I did find a few typos

In pricing section. 

*For couples and Families we are olsa offering a 1/2 hour or 1 hour sessions starting at $350

Another in get in touch.

* but we are happy to travell

;)

Thanks Sip, appreciate it.

looks good mate .i did notice in Khin & Huegh ~ Narooma Wedding that this was written

"This was the first time we went to Narooma. Magical place, we’ve seen there stingrays (swimming so close to us that I almost screamed)".

rather than "we seen there" probably should say "we saw"

and in Rhiannon & Michael ~ Batemans Bay Wedding

‘We are two Canberra’s babies’ that what they told us when we shot their engagement session in the heart of the national capital. Born, raised  and settled there with their cutest and friendliest beagle Rally. However Rhiannon and Michael decided to do their wedding celebration on the South Coast at Batemans Bay, place so dearest to their hearts.

should read "We are two Canberra babies" that's what they

and Batemans Bay , a place dearest to their hearts

great look though .i was very impressed .sorry to be picky about the english

Untitled-5_1.png

Looks awesome!

From what I can see the site is using Bootstrap? This is currently the way to go when building sites for cross platform usability.

There are a few issues like I would change the colour of the 'onhover' on the home page to be even darker than it is, it blends into much with the images and is hard to see.

The 'Get in touch' button/link on the home page is dead and redirects to 'Not Found' page. The vendor page has a link back to stories? but to get there you cant go from the stories page not really an issue but may want to make it a 'back to home' button instead. (this could also be on all pages / galleries) like the 'back to top arrow' could also include next to it 'back to home' button.

on the pricing page there is a spelling mistake with - "learn more 'sbout' our services" put an 'a' on it :)

Ill have a real proper look when I get more time but so far so good.  ;D

Nice work Compot, I didn't know you had a website itch to you! Now Neg can ask you for help when he decides to finally use a proper CMS system and you can tell him how easy WordPress is to use.

A few technical things:

- Logo is a bit blurry. It looks crisp when hover and animation kicks in, but a little to edged (that's CSS3 animation for you though)

-- I would recommend using a SVG logo instead... embed the code element and then you don't need to worry about retina pixels on different devices.

- You're referencing absolute URLs in your images and I would try to move away from that.. It may be the plugin or WP doing that, so you may not be able to change it. I do see you are referncing the links via '//' which means you're letting any HTTP(S) protocol work, which is ideal, so keep that.

-- I would recommend you go SSL (HTTPS) as Google ranks secure sites higher than non-secure. But this doesn't really kick in until you start SEO/SEM and advertising, so it's more of a preference than a requirement at this stage

- I see you're using an image protection script to disable right-clicks...

-- I would recommend you get rid of it. In Chrome... F12, Sources, go to your wp-content folder and I can download all your images in a single click. No need to load the extra plugin, put int he extra resources in the request header and add additional ms to the load. Watermark your images mate and let people grab them if they want. See attached image...

- For the hover colours, I would actually keep them as they are purely because you have different images of shades and tints and you'll never get a colour that looks perfect across all the different possible photo options and the light grey is inline with the rest of the theme, so it works and is consistent.

- One thing that I don't like to much about the theme, is the lack of borders. I was never fan of just putting an image on a site and nothing to help decorate it, nor do I like leaving a big hero banner to sit on the site and not separate it from the rest.

-- I would recommend adding a 1px #ccc border on the bottom of the main hero banner (but also with a 1px space so the border can be seen), then a top/bottom border on your parallax images down the homepage. Additionally, I would consider a 1px trim around the portfolio images you have on the homepage. Not sure if the theme allows this, but it would help bring the photos out from the whitespace on the page.

- Lastly, and I really hate to say this mate... you paid to much for your theme... $199... ouch!!  :-X

-- Next time check out Theme Forest, a good place for lots of themes.

Most of this is technical/asthetics, the site overall looks well put together, so definitely good work. Now go and tell Neg to start using WordPress!

post-2008-1465647422081924_thumb.jpg

29_x01.png

LOL this will turn into battle of the WEB pagers, It is looking good mate

I THINK THESE GUYS AND GIRLS WILL FIX YOU UP JUST NICE MATE  ;D

Raidzie" post="33766" timestamp="1465107509"]

Looks awesome!

From what I can see the site is using Bootstrap? This is currently the way to go when building sites for cross platform usability.

There are a few issues like I would change the colour of the 'onhover' on the home page to be even darker than it is, it blends into much with the images and is hard to see.

on the pricing page there is a spelling mistake with - "learn more 'sbout' our services" put an 'a' on it :)

Ill have a real proper look when I get more time but so far so good.  ;D

I done know what Bootstrap is. I'm using Wordpress and plugin called Prophoto.

I agree that the colour on hover is a bit bright, I might change it.

Proud2BInfidel" post="33769" timestamp="1465119268"]

Nice work Compot, I didn't know you had a website itch to you! Now Neg can ask you for help when he decides to finally use a proper CMS system and you can tell him how easy WordPress is to use.

Yeah, CMS is really a life savour, especially for the guy who doesn't know much about coding (me).

Proud2BInfidel link=topic=7361.msg33769#msg33769 date=1465119268]

A few technical things:

- Logo is a bit blurry. It looks crisp when hover and animation kicks in, but a little to edged (that's CSS3 animation for you though)

-- I would recommend using a SVG logo instead... embed the code element and then you don't need to worry about retina pixels on different devices.

The thing is, the logo looks great on retina displays and 1080p (as far as I'm concerned for 1080p), but looks blurry for 1440p. Using this plugin (prophoto), I'm uploading everything in double resolution and it recognises screen and adopting the right size to it. I'll buzz support and find out. BTW it's not logo only, some small pics as well.

Don't know what SVG is, will google it.

- You're referencing absolute URLs in your images and I would try to move away from that.. It may be the plugin or WP doing that, so you may not be able to change it. I do see you are referncing the links via '//' which means you're letting any HTTP(S) protocol work, which is ideal, so keep that.

Why is it bad to reference absolute URLs? Really don't have a clue. Can you ELI5?

-- I would recommend you go SSL (HTTPS) as Google ranks secure sites higher than non-secure. But this doesn't really kick in until you start SEO/SEM and advertising, so it's more of a preference than a requirement at this stage

That, I have plans to buy subscription for SSL later when I rebuild another website for my wife, where she will be selling her illustrations. I have two domains with one provider, so I reckon it should work for both of us.

- I see you're using an image protection script to disable right-clicks...

-- I would recommend you get rid of it. In Chrome... F12, Sources, go to your wp-content folder and I can download all your images in a single click. No need to load the extra plugin, put int he extra resources in the request header and add additional ms to the load. Watermark your images mate and let people grab them if they want. See attached image...

This is just one of the features from the plugin. I don't think if I disable it pages will load that much faster. I don't like my photos to be water marked (I've passed this stage). This is just a protection for dummies (like me) I guess.

- For the hover colours, I would actually keep them as they are purely because you have different images of shades and tints and you'll never get a colour that looks perfect across all the different possible photo options and the light grey is inline with the rest of the theme, so it works and is consistent.

- One thing that I don't like to much about the theme, is the lack of borders. I was never fan of just putting an image on a site and nothing to help decorate it, nor do I like leaving a big hero banner to sit on the site and not separate it from the rest.

-- I would recommend adding a 1px #ccc border on the bottom of the main hero banner (but also with a 1px space so the border can be seen), then a top/bottom border on your parallax images down the homepage. Additionally, I would consider a 1px trim around the portfolio images you have on the homepage. Not sure if the theme allows this, but it would help bring the photos out from the whitespace on the page.

Thanks for commenting on that.

- Lastly, and I really hate to say this mate... you paid to much for your theme... $199... ouch!!  :-X

-- Next time check out Theme Forest, a good place for lots of themes.

Most of this is technical/asthetics, the site overall looks well put together, so definitely good work. Now go and tell Neg to start using WordPress!

Yeah, this thing ain't chip. But, it's on off purchase and the cool thing about it that it's not a theme, its a builder and you can build any theme you want. That is why I bought it. If I decide I need a new theme, I'll just build it.

negative_energy" post="33791" timestamp="1465186343"]

A lot of themes use those plugins now (for building), theme forest is fantastic +1 highly recommend

Looks great, but I don't need to spend money for theme anymore, because I can build one now.