Sign in to follow this  
[TdS] negative_energy

Racing Drones

Just wondering if anyone is interested in racing drones? A few of the FnS boys are getting into them. CarNij from FnS lives around the corner from me, and is also looking at getting into it, so we plan on doing a bit together.

Once I have mine setup and running, Ill post some videos here to show you guys how crap Ill be.

Video below is the drone I am awaiting delivery of

custombanner-5724.png

yep allready built mine and its in the air and rock stable, ive got a CC3D board and a spektrum dx6 and im runnin 5x4.5 props

any questions just ask :D

Thanks for the video Ritter it's a great watch, will be interesting to see how far drone racing will go.

I'm not really interested in racing myself, although a few mates are getting into it, so will no doubt do something between ourselves ...

The video below is what really got me interested in it ...

custombanner-5724.png

Well CarNij received his drone on Wednesday, and we took it out for a quick test flight yesterday, which didn't go too well .... No major damage, just a little damage to a battery.

Two things we learnt from yesterday, need to start off flying without the FPV goggles, just to get used to how the drone feels/handles, and we are removing the 10 degree tilt on the motors, so the drone can hover, and is not constantly moving forward.

I was hoping that mine would arrive today, but looking like its going to be Monday, fingers crossed

custombanner-5724.png

I finally received my Falcon 250 drone!!

Took it out for a quick fly tonight, although there was a bit of wind it handled it pretty well, in between my crashing anyway, the good news is it handled it well, no damage.

Anyway, myself and some mates (few boys from FnS) have setup a forum to discuss and document our adventures with our drones, so if you're interested feel free to check it out, its still a work in progress www.dronenoobz.com

custombanner-5724.png

Prob the best option is to purchase something from China, will be alot cheaper than getting something here. Although you maybe pushing getting it here in time.

From memory, it takes about 4 weeks to get anything with LiPo batteries shipped to Aus. Best come to TS and we can have a chat, and Ill give you some links to check out.

Whats your budget?

custombanner-5724.png

Not really the style of what I am into, there are a fair few of these type now. I had a small indoor one that was controlled through my phone/tablet, along with streaming the video to my device as well, and found it very hard to use, personally I think you'd want something that comes with a controller.

A few things to think about ....

What would you like to be able to do with the drone? Fly indoors/outdoors, photos, video

Do you want to fly LOS (Line Of Sight) or FPV (First Person View)?

Are you interested in electronics/do you want something you can build and repair yourself?

The other thing to consider is the availability and price of spare parts, because you will be needing them.

Based on your answers, we can move forward from there.

custombanner-5724.png

Here's some links to simulators, personally I have not tried them but have been meaning to, but from the comments etc that I have been reading, they are really good to get your skills up, and even to get a good idea if the hobby interests you.

Most of them let you control them with your actual RX controller.

DRL Racing Simulator

https://thedroneracingleague.com/simulator/

LIFTOFF

https://www.immersionrc.com/fpv-products/liftoff-drone-race-simulator/

VelociDrone FPV Racing Simulator

https://www.velocidrone.com/

FPV Freerider

https://fpv-freerider.itch.io/fpv-freerider

custombanner-5724.png