Sign in to follow this  
JayWizz

Remove the TWS

Should the TWS guns be removed?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should the TWS guns be removed?

• yes
    • no

The TWS scope is way to over powered for a regular overpoch server and with the amount of sky basses on this server with people just camping up there all day in the high volume mission spawn zones you don't have a chance at sneaking around to counter snipe or ever completing the mission.

I think it takes a lot of fun out of the game and should be removed, how does the rest of the community feel about it?

Thermals have always been overpowered in DayZ. I remember the glory days of absolutely demolishing an entire server with the L85A2 AWS was still in DayZ years ago. I personally think they shouldn't be in the game, however, technically people are right, everyone can buy one.

I find most people aren't using TWS anyway. HK417 SD is the future, man.

Most players dont shoot with the TWS. So if you're a half decent shot and know how people behave you can kill them first 9 times out of 10.

I could post a tutorial on how to beat them but everyone plays differently. Think of the basic skills of a sniper or counter sniper and you'll soon beat them.

I've been playing dayz for years and think I have some pretty solid strategy's for dealing with campers both base and mission and there's no better weapon then good communication within a team. But the TWS's ability to ID targets so quickly and cleanly leaves you no where to hide.

A solid team would have a spotter with a TWS sitting back over 1k or up in a tower and never fire a shot just directing teammates to the bight white dots.

I've been playing dayz for years and think I have some pretty solid strategy's for dealing with campers both base and mission and there's no better weapon then good communication within a team. But the TWS's ability to ID targets so quickly and cleanly leaves you no where to hide.

A solid team would have a spotter with a TWS sitting back over 1k or up in a tower and never fire a shot just directing teammates to the bight white dots.

I prefer the black dot setting when I'm spotting

Vote 1 for removal,

cheap lazy and ruins game-play, have used it myself and find it comical at how easy it is to control missions and pin people down in bases