Sign in to follow this  
[TdS] negative_energy

Its going to be sad to see it go ...

My opinion is that BF2 was the greatest pc game of all time. I think I dedicated around 6000hrs of my life to it!

Made some great online friends through the game and it will be sadly missed.

R.I.P BF2 !  :-(

Unfortunately working away from home for 7 months this year hasn't helped me. I haven't download the revive bf2 thing because I don't know how, so I hope you're not pinning the bf2 downfall to me. I love the game and would love to keep playing but I'm sure we'll need more than Phil and me.

ant505" post="24715" timestamp="1407922368"]

Unfortunately working away from home for 7 months this year hasn't helped me. I haven't download the revive bf2 thing because I don't know how, so I hope you're not pinning the bf2 downfall to me. I love the game and would love to keep playing but I'm sure we'll need more than Phil and me.

Not pinning it to you at all mate, just the fact that we dont get the players anymore to justify keeping the server. Hopefully we will have the new server files in the next day or two, with the new map, and that may help. I'm in the process of reinstalling the game myself to give it one last go

custombanner-5724.png

All I need is some help to download the bf2 revive thing or whatever. I was only joking about the pinning the bf2 thing on me. I suppose its hard to tell me laughing as I type stuff hey.  :laugh:

They have updated the installer for it, as far as I know it is easier now, go to their site and register, download the installer and you should be right.

Problem is, all Hypernia BF2 servers are down, due to gamespy issue, they couldnt give me an answer when this will be resolved.

According to revivebf2 they will have their server files ready Friday (Saturday our time), so the server maybe down to then, we just have to wait and see.

If you need help with the installer, jump on TS and Ill help you out

custombanner-5724.png

As I said in a previous post I have been playing on USA servers, usually ex TDS BF2 server regulars both from OZ and NZ squad up and do quite well despite the large latency disadvantage against USA based players, so in the squad chat I asked why they don't play here and it's like the dog chasing its tail, there are no players so they don't join, if no one joins there are no players.

A few observations about USA servers, they use full maps with all caps and vehicles, they prop up the numbers with dummy players (not bots) which means you can at least get a game going with a few players then usually more join, of course there is a bigger pool of players in the USA, but I have had a few games with OZ and NZ players only out of the normal USA playing time zones, which is really bizarre, all of us playing with around 200 latency on a USA server!

They use quite smart auto admin a lot with rare manual intervention by their own server admins, the system automatically kicks players after a warning 'attacking uncap with vehicles' etc, some even have a limits on air kills, one server has a Tuesday infantry only day every week which is a interesting approach. 

negative_energy" post="24714" timestamp="1407922023"]

Well if people were actually playing then it wouldnt be going, when was the last time you had a game?

I haven't been able to play it for 5 or so months.

After about 2mins of joining a server I get kicked. This happens every time I join, no matter what server it is.

It was soooo frustrating so I gave up after trying everything to fix it.

So I become a DayZ 'er.

1.6MB of server files need to be loaded which was part of the updated Launcher release a week ago.

Apparently also a application needs to be made to Battlelog to have your server registered as a ranked server.