Sign in to follow this  
[TdS] negative_energy

How to play BF2 since the Gamespy shutdown!

Since the Gamespy shutdown, players wanting to play Battlefield 2 will be required to register at http://www.battlelog.co/.

Once you have registered, you can download and install their patch, then login using the account details you created on their website.

If you need further help, post below.

Note: This is still a work in progress, so keep an eye here and on their forums for further updates!

custombanner-5724.png

yeah I did that. All the username fields have the BLog username, same for password and email, but failing with 'invalid password'

Fun is setup exactly the same but her's is just timing out when she clicks 'login' in the in-game menu

And it isn't automatically logging either of us in even though we both have it ticked in the launcher options and we both have the correct details in our profile.con

AKA battery

guys, once you have set up your new profile you have to launch BF2 using the newly installed BF2RLite.exe in the the BF2 installation directory

e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2RLite.exe"

Just make sure the password in your profile.con ant the you log in with is the same one as your account on battlelog.

I'm in but it's very lonely

wil-e-coyote-f12-2.gifroadrunner-f12-1.gif

just to clarify , the installation sometimes does not install a shortcut for Revive launcher in start-Programs so you need to launch it manually from the BF2 directory.

Also be sure the passwords you use are the same ones as your battlelog.co account

Have you all downloaded and installed the new Global.con and BattleCommoDefaultUserSettings.con files?

One last thing, you cannot modify your account once you create it.  I created a new gmail account to get Coyoteeeeee to work.

carzy_guy" post="24307" timestamp="1405704246"]

What are the new Global.con and battlecommowhateveritis.con files you speak of? I haven't heard of them :)

I got these two files with the profile.con file in a zip file.

maybe they're not needed, but since I have a working system I assumed there were . I'll try to find the link.

so i'm a bit confused(surprise,surprise).i've installed bf2revive & all is wotking well but i dont have any stats.now ppl in the game are saying to go with bf2 hub to get ranks back.so do i install hub now or wait ?

Untitled-5_1.png

Its really up to you, there are two places working on the same thing, they are sharing data as far as I know. Revive BF2 had problems with their installer, which is why you no longer have your rank, but this will be resolved in the next release.

Its really up to you which one you want to run, I'll post up details about BF2 HUB when Im home.

custombanner-5724.png

well i tred .i got my acct & keys backed up .then tried running network swtch ? which seemed to do nothing.then when i tried running bf2hub it said it was already running (wt?).so it looks like i'm staying with revive.if it shuts down then i'm left in limbo

Untitled-5_1.png

bf2hub runs as a background app and automatically starts after you install it so it was probably sitting in your taskbar. It doesn't have a custom .exe/launcher for bf2 either, you just swap to the hub network and then launch the game normally (which is handy if you get the multicore crashes and run the .bat shortcut)

the only other issue is that it doesn't seem to retrieve accounts from the revive network but it allows you to make new accounts or backup your original gamespy accounts through the main bf2 menu

AKA battery

mazte" post="24384" timestamp="1406011644"]

bf2hub

it allows you to make new accounts or backup your original gamespy accounts through the main bf2 menu

It's not backing up for me. I've copied back the original profiles.con file and tried another backup. but it still won't see my account.

any suggestions?

try retrieving them through the main menu

If you use bf2hub the account has to be on the backed up gamespy network and you need the exact password, email and username. And I think the password in the profile.con would need to be encrypted the right way before the bf2hub backup script could read/confirm its correct as well

AKA battery

i've just been into bfhq & i've got some pretty amazing stats.for example in the vehicle section i've got 245 768 223 kills & 0 deaths .in the kit equip section i've got 32000000 kills & 15000000 deaths with an accuracy of 268000000.& to think that ppl think i'm crap at this game.not anymore

Untitled-5_1.png