Sign in to follow this  
[TdS] ZoMBiEMaN001

Bf2 Server

Guest kangawallaby

that will turn every map into a sniper paradise........yippee, out comes my big gun.................cheers

do you mean pure inf (no vehicles) or just using inf maps (with vehicles). i personally think it is alot better with vehicles, so would rather inf maps with vehicles as the vehicles add a lot to the game.

Infantry only no vehicles

Untitled_1.png

Im with kanga.......yippeeeeeeeeeeee, i think its a great idea im just amazed zombie thought of it himself, or  did he have help coming up with the idea ;) either way im for it. With the right infantry maps, not only can it be fun but it can also be challenging, saying that im ready to give kanga a sniper fight even if we are on the same team lol  :-*

Im with kanga.......yippeeeeeeeeeeee, i think its a great idea im just amazed zombie thought of it himself, or  did he have help coming up with the idea ;) either way im for it. With the right infantry maps, not only can it be fun but it can also be challenging, saying that im ready to give kanga a sniper fight even if we are on the same team lol  :-*

You funny girl please why dont you put maps you think would be good and we will do that , have a go  ;)

Untitled_1.png

well i think the larger maps should be

jalalabad

karkand

sharqui

mashtuur

then you can mix them up with the smaller ones like

blue pearl

great wall

oman

kubra

We will get onto it tonight and make changes for tomorrow , thanks

Untitled_1.png

Guest kangawallaby

hey justhvnfun dont forget to wear your  TdS1 tags otherwise i mite kick you pmsl...........cheers

I would cry, but I'll leave that for justhvnfun2 as she's so good at it.

The trouble with instant gratification is that it just takes to long.

Well, ya wanted ma thoughts and that's all I can manage this week!  Squirrel!

That was my initial thought to browny, however, I actually had quite a lot of fun.  Not sure about a month yet though.  Still, 10pm on a sunday night and the server had 20 odd players.  Only one  TdS1 member though.  That was EZ by the way.

if its not too much trouble you should alternate between vehicles and I/O

most here probably prefer vehicles personally I like them both. But its a lot easier to start and maintain player levels in inf which is probably why there were so many more players on tonight than usual.

But if the new interest holds there might be the critical mass needed to get vehicle nights going again

AKA battery

why not just have all the maps as large inf maps with vehicles on. such as karkand, road to jalalabad etc. this way you have all the ground transport aswell. i think that would appeal to more people as it is very similar to what you are running now with the addition of a few tanks and humvees.

Guest kangawallaby

got to agree with SAD there, just to have a fast mover or a hmvv around to get to the longer flags in kubra dam and dragon valley, alternating ground vehicle maps and i/o maps seem  a good idea. at one stage there we had 27 players on, some left when a big map came on, i left at about 9.45pm and there were still 20 players, a couple had whinges about no vehicles but did not leave and still played agreeing it was a load of fun and enjoyed the night. people were playing kits that they have never played before and were laughing when they died, (except kenny, who always has a whinge) lol. all in all a good nite was had with all and just for the record TEA was empty....................cheers

i think what kanga suggested is a great idea, alternating inf only maps with ground vehicle maps. can you set the server up to alternate between inf only and vehicles?

i think that gulf of oman went very well as a 32 player inf only map. loads of awesome squad work. i think the thing with the inf only maps is that you dont want to make them too small, as it turns in to more of a death match with no squad work. for example TEA runs gulf of oman inf only as a 16 size which is just to small.

it seems that alot of people are very positive about the rotation you are playing with at the moment, and the squad play is superb and i really enjoyed myself last night.

if i could suggest a rotation (based on everyones interest in inf/land vehicle maps) it would be something along the lines of:

road to jalalabad - 32

gulf of oman - 32 inf only

mashtuur city - 32

sharqi peninsula - 32

great wall - 16 inf only

strike at karkand - 32

songhua stalemate - 32 inf only

operation blue pearl - 32

dalian plant - 16

just a suggestion.

anyway, hope to see everyone on again tonight!

Haven't seen nade spam like last night since 4-5 yrs ago on inf only servers......

There was a huge collective groan when Kubra showed up, lots of  "not running all that distance..."

only got 1 purple heart....

Hey all.

I like that your trying new things to keep the game alive, but as a choppa ho I'm not a big fan of this new inf only business.

I like the way you had a mix of inf maps and air maps before. Any way you could at least run vehicles every other night? I'd be down for that.

If not...

I'm thinking of investing in a server. Anyone out there willing to go in on it with me?

I'd even be willing to just pitch  in $$ to get a 2nd TDS BF2 server up for vehicles...

I like your rules, I like your style, and I want a non-GA server to fly my chopa in (:

Who do I need to talk to to make this happen? 

I'm out with the gf tonight at that time tonight...

but I would love to jump into TS and have a chat about it tomorrow night (wed)

if i could just put in my two cents again. how about we keep vehicles on, and just rotate inf based maps such as:

sharqi

karkand

jalalabad

songhua stalemate

mashtuur city

great wall

operation blue pearl

and then perhaps smaller air maps which will bring in some choppers

i.e. dalian plant 16 player

and then some small maps which are usually flyboy maps:

i.e.dragon valley - 16

yea I like sad's idea... I think its a good compromise.

RE: starting a vehicle server...

I'm envisioning a 'fresh start' TDS Vehicle server - allowing all the currently banned players onto it.

We keep all your beautiful no uncap attack in vehs rules etc - and enforce with bans.

This might help breath some life into vehicles again, and stop ppl with their complaining about TDS being unfair, and will give everyone a second chance to get with the program and play like gentleman.

small maps with vehicles could make things really interesting

mashy's also great on 16 vehicles, same with kubra. with 32 players they might be a little too much of a spam fest but they would be over fast enough if the server got that full.

AKA battery

good idea merc, might bring a lot of previously banned players back who will probably have learnt their lesson by now, if not they can easily be banned again :P

personally i think the inf based maps (mashtuur, jalalabad) should NOT be set to 16 players. the inf based maps on 32 or even maybe 64 size really encourages squad play which is what everyone is looking for. with the 16 player maps it does become a bit more of a deathmatch game, but a little bit of squad work can still be used.

i think the ONLY maps that should be set as low as 16 players are the air maps which basically turn in to inf maps when they are down to 16 players (like you said kubra dam is one). but we have to make sure only the maps that are FUN as 16 player maps should be added to the rotation. for example i think gulf of oman is a great 16 map, because you can get a little bit of squad work going.

so all in all my two cents are that the rotation could alternate between a 32p inf map and a 16p air map.

and vehicles should definitely be left on for all maps me thinks....

Dragon Valley 32p might work a bit better than 16

478px-Dragon_Valley_32.jpg

or maybe not. whichever heli wins the opening dogfight is just going to rape the other team for the rest of the round. that goes for small and medium.

AKA battery

I know what u mean about Dragon valley with the chopas - if you had 'building height' rules for all pads, not just uncap pads it would even things up. Pad rules would give the Chinese chopa a chance to get in the air and make a difference even if it looses the initial fight.

Also I think ppl underestimate the power of a pissed off squad aiming a couple of .50's and a stinger at a chopa - u can make it go away pretty quick.